Pages

Monday, September 2, 2019

Foreign (non-English) Language Collage Cards

This is the second of two recent ATCs for All swaps that I signed up for.  It was the Foreign (non-English) Language Collage Cards swap, and the idea was to use foreign language book pages as the background.  All else was up to the designer.  For all of these cards, I started with a page of text that I colored with watercolor.  Then I cut out random pieces to lay on top of it, and colored those a different color and outlined them with a watercolor pencil.  For each card, I drew a different image that reminded me of the country where the text originated.  Then I found various images online and printed them either on copy paper or vellum, cut them out, and arranged them on the cards.  Some of the extra images are drawn or stamped, but most are printed.  Since this was a collage theme, I didn't see any issues with cut-and-paste.  I added some colored pencil in a few places to bring out the color in the images.  The last thing that I did was to add a focal piece of text that says "Earth" in each language, at least as close to it as I could get by using Google Translate and searching the interwebs.  That's just about it!  Here are the cards.

 Russian
 French

 Japanese

Egyptian Hieroglyphics

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment