Pages

Monday, September 2, 2019

ATCoins Series: Monochromatic (Brown)

I signed up for a couple of trades on ATCs for All so that it would force me to do something creative.  This is the first set, which was the ATCoins Series: Monochromatic (Brown).  It's actually a mail art swap, which is something I don't normally do, but it was fun to try something different.  Speaking of trying new things, I drew all of the images for these from reference photos.  I'm relatively pleased with how they came out, so I guess it's all cool.  Ha!  For some reason, I decided also to stick with a "Texas" theme.  The backgrounds were all done in the same way, with many layers of distress ink and watercolor, and splatters of brown acrylic here and there after the drawings were done.  Before I started the drawings, I put down some watered-down white gesso on top of the backgrounds so that the images would show up better.  I sketched the main images first in pencil, then I did a light watercolor and went over that with colored pencil.  Here are the coins.

I've seen these in our yard, but they are "flittery" and really hard to catch in photos.
This freaking armadillo makes me laugh every time I look at him.  He's all hairy and ready to scrap.  Ha ha ha!
Sugar coma.
 It took me forever to figure out how to depict an open pine cone. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment