Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2017

"So Happy You're You" Card

Another of my projects utilizing the Silhouette CAMEO® is this card inspired by the "Stamp Border" design by Jennifer Wambach (Design ID #27772).  To me, it looked like crooked photo frames, and that made me think about crazy relatives.  Yes, this is the way my mind works.  So I wanted to have some boring-looking "photos" for the front of the card and a one-of-a-kind "star of the show" for the inside.  I looked through my designs in Silhouette Studio® and found an adorable "Happy Crab and Crabby Crab" set by Jennifer Wambach (Design ID #80026).  I used the crabby crab base for all of the little guys on the card front, then I drew in different facial expressions and features on each crab and stamped the first part of my sentiment, "I am so happy...".


Then for my star, I used the happy crab base, including eyeballs.  I quickly cut out a giant smile with teeth and a tongue and finished my sentiment with "that you're you!"

 
The card is on an A9 base (5.5 in. x 8.5 in.), and my images were in various sizes.


No comments:

Post a Comment