Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Bookworms ATCs

Here are my cards for the Bookworms ATC Swap on ATCs for All.  The theme was books, obviously, and I took that a few different ways.

 








 








Imagination Wings
This is the first card I created.  The first thing that popped into my head was flying books, for whatever reason, so I drew it up pretty quickly.  I used a pencil to sketch it out then went over it with a Pigma Micron 01 pen.  The books I colored using some random markers, then I went over them with a Copic atyou Spica Micro Glass Glitter Pen.  You can't see it here, but the book bindings sparkle a little.  Instead of putting in the background first, which I should have done, I went over the background with Scattered Straw distress ink on a cotton swab.  It came out OK, since I wanted the books to "glow."  Then I decided that the card looked right either way I turned it, so I wrote the sentiment both ways, one way in gold and one way in silver.  The silver was a little bit light, so I went over it with my Micron pen.

 
Library
Here is the second card.  When I started it, I didn't realize how many...um...lines it was going to require, but I stuck to it and ended up liking the result.  I sketched it with my pencil then went over it with my Micron 01 pen, as I did with all of the cards.  Most of the card is colored with Artist's Loft Sketch Markers (various colors), but I did use some Sharpies and Tombow colored markers or whatever else I could find.  There were a lot of books to color!  Then I used my Copic glitter pen to draw a "sunbeam" from the window to the book on the wooden stand, but you can't see it very well here.  It's subtle, even on the card in real life.
 
 
Staycation
I decided that this little bookworm was going to chill under a mushroom, so here he is.  He makes me laugh, so I think he's my favorite.  After drawing him, I used my Artist's Loft markers to color him, along with a few other random markers.  I used my white Gelly Roll pen to put in some details (not many), and I used Judikins Diamond Glaze to add shine to the sunglasses and drink glass.  I think he's enjoying himself.
 
 
Mind of a Fish
This little guy is stressed, but I'm sure he managed to get out of this sticky situation.  He's sketched with pencil, lined with Micron pen, and colored with Artist's Loft markers.  The hook is done in gold marker, but you can't really see the shimmer here.


I enjoyed having to think about what I was going to do with this theme, and the cards were fun to make.

2 comments: