Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Abstract Wall Art

My husband and I have a favorite Chinese restaurant, JoJo's China Bistro in Beaumont, Texas, and I've been fascinated with one of their wall hangings since we started going there.


Every time we visited, I insisted that we could duplicate it ourselves.  After many years of having it rolling around in my head, I found a way to create something similar to hang in our living room.  I bought some canvases (one 24 x 24 and two 20 x 20) at Michaels when they were on sale and painted them with a green interior paint that took me forever to choose.  My husband was sweet enough to cut some wood strips for me, and he had a came saw similar to this one that I was able to use to get the angles to fit together correctly.

 
I really love how it came out, and at the very least, now it's not occupying any space in my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment