Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Unicorn Recipe Holder

I believe that this was originally intended to be a recipe card holder, but I'll probably use it in some other random way.  My husband found it in a box of items that were donated to his woodworking club, and it was originally painted in a cream color with a strawberry plant on it.  I'm not sure why I decided to paint it this way, but I knew that I wanted to do stripes.  The unicorn came later, but she's so cute!  The design is actually from the Avery Elle "Be a Unicorn" stamp set that I have in my stash, and I enlarged it on my printer to fit the base.  I added a little bit of sparkle varnish to the background before I sprayed the whole thing with clear finish.

 
Here is what the whole stamp set looks like, just FYI.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment