Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Christmas Card 2016

This year, Christmas seemed rushed/hectic/stressful for me.  I had some problems with time management, so my Christmas card needed to be fairly simple.  I decided to stamp a wreath with branches from the "Retro Ornaments" set from Avery Elle.  First, I stamped the sentiment and light bulbs.  Then, for the first few cards, I actually masked each light bulb individually so that I could stamp over them with the branches.  This would make the bulbs appear to be in front of the branches.  Yeah...I masked every. one. individually.



It was fun for the first...um...two.  So I thought about it a little.  I have some Sakura 3D Glaze pens in my stash, so I scribbled a blob on some paper, let it dry, and stamped over it.  Using a slightly damp cotton bud, I wiped the pigment ink off with no problems!  After that experiment, it's how I finished the rest of the cards.  It went fairly quickly then.  I corner punched the stamped panel, added a bow to the wreath and some tiny pearl embellishments, then attached to some red, yellow, and blue textured cardstock panels.  The striped part is the envelope!  I finished with some Glossy Accents on the bulbs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment